Family Dentistry-Auburn CA
Dr. Isbell is happy to treat patients of all ages allowing all of your family's dental needs to be met in one convenience place. Some of the most common treatments you'll find at Dr. Isbell's office are as follows...
Fillings & Crowns
Dr. Isbell’s fillings and crowns are made from strong bio-compatible materials. They are bonded to the tooth ensuring a perfect fit. It is important to Dr. Isbell to offer only the best in dental materials available today. All filling materials used are BPA and metal free.
Cerec crowns are made in office which means you only need one visit to complete the procedure. Dr. Isbell may recommend a crown if you have any of the following:
- deeply cracked, worn or fractured tooth
- a tooth with a large cavity
- in conjunction with a root canal treatment
- a tooth that is abnormally small, strangely shaped or very discolored
Crowns are also used with other restorative dentistry treatments, such as anchoring a bridge in place on either side of a missing tooth or put the finishing touch on a dental implant. These procedures sometimes require more than one visit, depending on treatment involved.
Dental veneers are a very popular treatment that gives patients a more attractive smile. Unlike dental restorations that are necessary to fix damage and restore function, dental veneers are designed to correct aesthetic imperfections. Veneers are designed to look like natural teeth. Unlike real teeth, they don’t yellow or discolor over time. Dr. Isbell may recommend using veneers for any of the following:
- Slight crookedness
- Small gaps between teeth
- Minor chips and fractures
- Stains or discoloration that doesn’t respond to tooth whitening
- Teeth that look misshapen or too short
Proper oral care is essential for keeping veneered teeth in good condition.
Extractions range from removing stubborn baby molars, to removing decayed or damaged adult teeth. Dr. Isbell will carefully assess the tooth in need of an extraction and will ensure you are well informed of the treatment options available.
Dental implants are replacements for missing or severely damaged teeth. Dental implants provide a natural-looking appearance and long-lasting function. If you have lost one or more teeth to fractures, gum disease or tooth decay, this procedure could give you back your chewing function and smile.
- Implants can be used to fully restore teeth that are too damaged to restore with a filling or crown.
- Replacing a missing tooth with an implant helps prevent other teeth from shifting out of alignment over time.
- A dental implant restores normal chewing and biting ability.
- Patients can opt to have one or several teeth replaced with implants. Dental implants can also support dentures. These implant-supported dentures tend to be more stable and comfortable than those held in place with adhesive.
With dentures, a patient can regain function and a natural looking smile. Our dentures are custom to you from tooth shade, to shape. Advanced materials are used so that they are as thin as possible and extremely comfortable.
Dentures can be fitted to implants. Implant-supported dentures represent the latest development in denture technology. This approach has several benefits compared to traditional dentures:
- The implants hold dentures firmly in place
- Dentures don’t slip during biting, chewing or speaking
- Implants provide more stability for lower dentures than traditional prosthetics