Dental Insurance and Financing
Accepted Dental Plans
Our team will submit your insurance claims to any insurer, but some plans have limitations that prevent you from visiting the dentist of your choice. If your dental insurance carrier requires that you be seen by a “preferred provider” then they will deny any claim submitted by a provider that is not on their list.
If you’re unsure whether or not you are required to see a “preferred provider,” simply contact your insurance carrier.
Understanding Your Dental Benefits
We will work with your insurance carrier to provide you with a summary of your dental benefits, which typically includes:
- your annual maximum and deductible
- your personal responsibility for each type of procedure
- any plan limitations
During your first visit with us, we will go over all of this information and answer any questions that you have. It is very important that you understand your plan’s benefits, limitations, and your personal responsibilities.
Some facts about dental insurance:
- Most dental plans have an annual maximum of $1,000. That number has not increased in more than 60 years.
- Having dental insurance does not guarantee your insurance policy will cover the treatment you need.
- Decisions made by your insurance carrier about which treatments you are eligible for and which you are not are based solely on the level of coverage either you or your employer have chosen.
Handling Dental Claims
Your claim will be electronically submitted to your insurance carrier after treatment. Legally, your carrier has 30 days to either pay or deny the claim. If your claim is unpaid by the 31 day, we will contact your carrier to inquire about the claims status. If necessary, we will resubmit the claim and provide you with an update. If the claim is unpaid after 60 days, we will close the claim and contact you for assistance.
Our team will work with you to find an affordable payment plan for your dental treatment. If you have insurance, we will also help you maximize your benefits.
If you prefer to spread your payment out over time, we offer a variety options, including interest-free choices.